recomWell Chlamydia trachomatis IgA
ELISA format with recombinant antigens for detection of IgG and IgA antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis.
Chlamydia trachomatis is one of the most common causes of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) in industrial nations. According to estimations of the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 700 million people are infected with Chlamydia trachomatis worldwide. 19 different serotypes of Chlamydia trachomatis are known, causing different forms of disease. Serotypes A-C cause trachoma, a chronic inflammation of the eye, which is the most common cause of preventable blindness worldwide. Serotypes L1-L3 and D-K are sexually transmitted and may cause sterility or arthritis after infections of the genitals or the joints both in women and in men. Perinatal transmission of the pathogen from the infected mother to the newborn results in neonatal conjunctivitis or neonatal pneumonia.
- Recombinant antigens.
- High sensitivity and specificity.
- Excellent discrimination between negative and positive results.
- New species-specific recombinant Chlamydia trachomatis antigens TARP and CPAF in addition to the MOMP antigen reduce cross-reactivities with C. pneumoniae.
- Separate detection of IgG and IgA antibodies possible.
- Identical procedure for IgG and IgA determination.
- Easy to quantify.
- Easy test procedure; automation possible.
- Test procedure and reagents identical in all MIKROGEN ELISA – reagents exchangeable.
- Break-a-part wells: single sample examination possible.
TEST PRINCIPLE AND PROCEDURE
Indirect sandwich test.
Recombinant antigens are bound to the solid phase.
Add samples (10 μl of serum or plasma) diluted 1:100, incubate for 1 h at 37 °C. Wash 4 times.
Add peroxidase conjugated anti-human IgG or IgA antibodies (conjugate), incubate for 30 min at 37 °C. Wash 4 times.
Add ready-to-use TMB solution and incubate for 30 min at room temperature. Stop the substrate reaction with H3PO4 and measure the extinction at 450 nm.
Product #6904 recomWell Chlamydia trachomatis IgG (Reagents for 96 determinations)
Product #6905 recomWell Chlamydia trachomatis IgA (Reagents for 96 determinations)
Store products at 2-8°C.
For more information visit http://www.mikrogen.de/english/deutschland/home.html
Available in the U.S. For Research Use Only. Not intended for diagnostic procedures.